Frequently Asked Questions
1) Where can I send my comments and suggestions regarding this website?
2) What types of search in audio does the lecture browser offer?
The lecture browser supports two search types:
- broad search
- this search type is set by default
- if the search query is entered without Czech special characters (e.g. ěščůéíá), then its versions containing those characters are also taken into consideration (e.g. spojity signal » spojitý signál)
- the search query is inflected - its each single word is expanded into other forms
- e.g. Fourierova transformace is expanded into: fourierův, fourierových, fourierově, fourierovy, fourierovou, fourierovu, fourier, transformacích, transformacemi, transformací, transformacím, transformace, transformaci
- basic search
- the original search query is used exclusively
- this search type is triggered by inserting characters " or ' into the search query, e.g.: "Fourierova transformace"
The search area can be restricted to a specific category. A user is also given a possibility to search in one single lecture. This search is then performed using the component Search in Audio on the page of the requested lecture.
When searching in audio, a user is given a clickable list of lectures containing at least one search query result. By selecting a lecture, a clickable list of all corresponding results is shown. Clicking on any result starts playing the video from the assigned time and the current word is being highlighted.
3) How can I get to know more about the lecture browser?