- Protein engineering: mutating a protein to reach desired biochemical properties.
- Drug design: development of a compound interacting desirably with a specific group of proteins.
- Need to manually perform hundreds of experiments to find suitable counterparts for desired chemical reaction. This is a very time-consuming and resource-demanding phase with uncertain results.
- Need for software platform with prediction-based tools with great support and customization.
- CAVER: software tool integrating protein analysis with visualization enabling interactive displaying and immediate interpretation of computed results.
- State-of-the-art algorithms for analysis based on detection of empty space in protein macromolecules (tunnels, channels, cavities), prediction power amplified by ability to process molecular dynamics.
- Saves weeks to months of manual work and lab time and finds combinations not achievable by other methods (screening).